Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Third Class Carriage

Our trip to the beach started at the train station in Ho Chi Minh city
It was like going back in time.
We arrange for our hotel to purchase our tickets ahead of time and
they told us there was only one "class" of tickets.
Sounds communist I know.
We soon found out that we were in
The Third Class Carriage.

It was super crowed, dirty, and we were sitting near the toilets and smokers hall. At least I can say we experienced the real Vietnam and we saved $4 by riding that way for 4 1/2 hours.

Isaac didn't seem to mind - he had his blanket and his thumb.
Those two habits have exposed him to, who knows how many germs.


With Oliver on my lap, I looked just like the image from Daumier painting.

We finaly made it to our final destination, Phan Thiet
All the fishing boats were painted blue and yellow and were innumerable.
After the train ride we took a taxi 20 km to our bungalow in Mui Ne.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home