Friday, June 05, 2009

Xi'an, Shaanxi province


The Shanghai departure adventure

When we first arrived to the Shanghai airport, I realized we were missing my suitcase and that it was still in the taxi - Marc then tried to chase it down on foot then in a taxi. When he returned - without my suitcase, I informed him that we were at the wrong airport.


After an hour bus ride to the correct airport and a 4 hour flight delay,
we got hooked up in the VIP lounge and a private bus to the airplane.
Diplomat passports are good for some things.


My entire wardrobe was gone but hey, we made it to Xi'an
Our first trip into central China.

The center of the old city - The drum and bell tower
Get used to seeing those clothes - That's all I had to wear.


The Muslim Quarter -
Here's Marc trying the local cuisine


Dried fruit was for sale all over this night market -
I wish we had that in Guangzhou.



More dried fruit


Nuts and Sugar


More unique food for sale


Bread in the Muslim quarter


Our family of five with only 2 walking.


More food.
Can you tell we were hungry during this adventure.



We decided to take these carts/motorcycles back to the hotel.
Marc is getting quite good at haggling - here he is in action.


Daniel and Isaac loved riding in the cart behind the motorcycle.
We had to get two in order to fit us and our stroller.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home