Thursday, June 12, 2008

6 Banyan Temple

This temple (537 AD) was made to house Buddha's ashes brought from India.

Daniel wanted to climb to the top,
but I wasn't up to carrying 3 children up 17 floors.

The temple is located in the older part of Guangzhou with small narrow streets -
just what you picture ancient China to look like

Isaac checking out the fish

Daniel loves to make faces for pictures now.
I love the rock formation behind the boys.

The boys not being quiet around the worshipers

Isaac checking out the courtyard

A reminder of the national arboretum in DC

Oliver joined us and was soon asleep

2 Comments:

Blogger Johnny Evanson said...

Oh wow, China is beautiful! Johnny and I want to come visit. Plus, we need to meet Oliver!

3:26 PM  
Blogger andi said...

You guys are amazing! I check in on you all the time but get to distracted with one kid or the other to leave may comments.

We just had dinner with the Obas and I am sure you are going to love, love, love them (especially Karo.) I can't wait to visit you one day and we can all get together for dinner.

8:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home