Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Ford Theatre

Last week the boys and I visited Ford theatre, where Pres. Lincoln was shot. It was a little tricky b/c no strollers were allowed on the balcony. I had to hold Isaac the entire time, while Daniel tried to jump off to the stage - like John Wilkes Booth. Needless to say, I didn't get the greatest photos but I did leave the theatre without abusing the boys or commiting murder myself -unlike John Wilkes Booth. Does anyone know what the performance was the night of the assassination?
Answer - Our American Cousin
The boys outside the theatre, where strollers are allowed.

The box where Pres. Lincoln was shot.

Some other info I learned that day. The International Spi museum doesn't allow stollers and the Smithsonian National Portrait Gallery doesn't open until11:30. I guess we'll visit those another day.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home