MLK day
For Martin Luther King Day the boys and I headed to the Lincoln Memorial. We first stopped to visit Albert at the National Acadamy of Science (home to the Institute of Medicine and the National Research Council, a little plug for public health research).
The boys admiring the large figure. I had to point out each part of his face for them to "see" Albert.
Daniel trying to get on his back for a piggy-back ride. It didn't quite work - as you can see.
We then headed across the street to honor MLK . . . and Pres. Lincoln and all those who served in the Vietnam and Korean wars. A lot to handle for two little guys.
If you look closely you can see the words I have a Dream . It's where MLK stood during his inspiring speech. There were several flowers around the sight as well as hundreds of high school students. (okay, not hundreds but it seemed like it)
Isaac trying to get to the flowers for a snack
If you look closely you can see the words I have a Dream . It's where MLK stood during his inspiring speech. There were several flowers around the sight as well as hundreds of high school students. (okay, not hundreds but it seemed like it)
Isaac trying to get to the flowers for a snack
Isaac making mom proud by honoring the nurses.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home